It’s substantially crafted from recycled materials so that you can enjoy the natural environment ‘responsibly’ without contributing to the construction industry’s ongoing wastage of our natural resources.
It has a small ecological footprint making it a discreet addition to well-established natural habitats.
It’s compact, energy efficient and entirely ‘off-grid’ saving on the cost of both bringing utilities to the site as well as protecting you from the rising cost of oil and electricity prices.
It’s a building which adapts with your own individual needs – you can transport it from site to site, add more units as your family or budget expands or re-orientate the units to suite the topography and best views your site has to offer.
It’s an affordable option that allows you to enjoy your recreational space now rather than saving for years to meet the rising cost of building that second home.
It’s factory-fabricated to unbeatable standards avoiding the hassle, expense and wait for reputable local contractors and craftsmen.
It’s secure like no other home allowing it to be left in remote locations for months at a time, with no worries of pests, vandalism or break-ins.
The single ecopod as designed provides excellent short-term accommodation that has great benefits as a product showroom or as an accessory building in conjunction with existing buildings. Operating with an 80 watt solar panel and minimal electrical needs there is no need to run power lines or trench power cables to the unit, it’s ready to use minutes after setup. The secure nature of the ecopod when in the closed position provides protection against vandals and works excellent in areas where extreme weather conditions exist. The ecopods are quick to set up and easily transported with all unit modifications re-surveyed to international transportation standards.
Ecopods is committed to developing an eco-friendly building for recreational or commercial use. To that end, we are constantly including to the new building process materials that offer the best in environmental responsibility and overall building quality. We believe ecopods incorporates the best use of recycled and new environmentally friendly materials available today that are ideal for off grid building applications.
Low environmental footprint, minimal operating cost and high quality at an affordable price is their objective.
Take an easy-to handle 20′ ISO container frame. Outfit it with folding walls and the best in Canadian design. “The result is as smart as it is efficient, suitable for a family of four and a pet to live off the grid in comfort and contemporary style. It travels by train, truck, ship, airplane or helicopter, folded up and indistinguishable from any ordinary shipping container. Once it arrives, it unfolds rapidly to 480sf of self-contained, sophisticated living space with all the comforts of home.” It is an exhibition piece rather than a real living space,-” Its main purpose is to raise awareness internationally of Canadian capabilities, not just for Canada’s sake, but for the sake of those who want to learn from us about how to live softly, smartly, and stylishly on this shared planet.” Nicely done.
– high-level finish
– designed to be environmentally clean
– comparatively inexpensive
– comfortably sleeps two adults and two children
T H A T A L L O W S :
– immediate, flexible and long-term solution that enables you to use your land without investing in a permanent property commitment
– for future development, ideal for leased land situations
– to be power, water and sewer independent, it is well suited to remote or non-service supplied land
– also be connected to available services
– quick and easy transportation (via truck or helicopter) and installation to any orientation with minimal impact on site
– unfolding to create a living space and refolding to create a secure unit for in storage or relocation
F E A T U R E S
– fully enclosed exterior steel shell (when folded up)
– appointed with large internal storage cupboards and shelves / stainless steel kitchen and fittings / bathroom with open shower, sink, composting toilet
– interior fabric screen system gives the versatility of creating rooms within the large open living space
includes: bunk beds, double bed room, dressing room, kitchen and bathroom
– exterior canvas screen system allows to shelter the deck area for comfortable indoor/outdoor flow and living
– 6 concrete footings form a stable, non-invasive ‘foundation’, allowing you to situate the unit on a wide
range of ground conditions
If you’re not familiar with the word Bach (pronounced Batch), it’s colloquial Kiwi terminology originally derived from “Batchelor Pad” and relates to the small modest structures used as beach houses and holiday homes scattered across New Zealand’s picturesque landscape.