What makes the ecopod unique?
- It’s substantially crafted from recycled materials so that you can enjoy the natural environment ‘responsibly’ without contributing to the construction industry’s ongoing wastage of our natural resources.
- It has a small ecological footprint making it a discreet addition to well-established natural habitats.
- It’s compact, energy efficient and entirely ‘off-grid’ saving on the cost of both bringing utilities to the site as well as protecting you from the rising cost of oil and electricity prices.
- It’s a building which adapts with your own individual needs – you can transport it from site to site, add more units as your family or budget expands or re-orientate the units to suite the topography and best views your site has to offer.
- It’s an affordable option that allows you to enjoy your recreational space now rather than saving for years to meet the rising cost of building that second home.
- It’s factory-fabricated to unbeatable standards avoiding the hassle, expense and wait for reputable local contractors and craftsmen.
- It’s secure like no other home allowing it to be left in remote locations for months at a time, with no worries of pests, vandalism or break-ins.
The single ecopod as designed provides excellent short-term accommodation that has great benefits as a product showroom or as an accessory building in conjunction with existing buildings. Operating with an 80 watt solar panel and minimal electrical needs there is no need to run power lines or trench power cables to the unit, it’s ready to use minutes after setup. The secure nature of the ecopod when in the closed position provides protection against vandals and works excellent in areas where extreme weather conditions exist. The ecopods are quick to set up and easily transported with all unit modifications re-surveyed to international transportation standards.
Ecopods is committed to developing an eco-friendly building for recreational or commercial use. To that end, we are constantly including to the new building process materials that offer the best in environmental responsibility and overall building quality. We believe ecopods incorporates the best use of recycled and new environmentally friendly materials available today that are ideal for off grid building applications.
Low environmental footprint, minimal operating cost and high quality at an affordable price is their objective.